We hope everyone has had a great week! Here are this week's announcements:
1) IMPORTANT UPDATE: We believe the Scouts have been discussing our next offsite date for December as 12/21. This date is incorrect. Our next offsite is actually next week, 12/14. This is noted in the Troop Calendar and Mrs. Swindle has re-confirmed this date with Sacred Heart. We will be checking to see if our anticipated offsite activity (SkyZone) is available for this date and will get an update on the blog as soon as possible, so stay tuned!
2) Toys for Tots: In last week's Troop Meeting, Mrs. Swindle mentioned that Mid Cape Home Centers were very generous to Troop 20 this year, donating all of the lumber we needed to build our Trebuchet. Mid Cape is currently collecting for the Marine Corps Reserves annual Toys for Tots program and we would like to show our appreciation by bringing them a donation of toys from Troop 20. We are asking that all Scouts, if you can, please try to bring in a new, unwrapped toy ($10 or less) by Thursday, 12/14. We would like to bring them, as a Troop, to Mid Cape Home Centers in Middleboro, either on Saturday, 12/16 or maybe Friday, 12/15. Details regarding the actual drop-off will follow.
3) Personal Management Merit Badge: Mrs. Swindle will be meeting with the Personal Management merit badge scouts this week. Scouts were given 'homework' and should bring back completed workbooks with backup. Scouts should know what work they were assigned. If anyone is unsure, please reach out to Mrs. Swindle.
4) Committee Meeting: We will be having our monthly committee meeting this Thursday, 12/7, at 6:00pm in the Parish Hall. We would like to remind all parents that you are both welcome and encouraged to attend both the committee meetings as well as the Troop meetings. Troop 20 runs on volunteers and while we have some key leaders who keep the wheels turning for our Scouts, we could really use some help from parents. I think every leader you talk to will tell you that they get tremendous enjoyment out of the scouting program by participating and helping our Scouts achieve great things. If you can spare some time, stop by the committee meeting and hear what we have going on. Something may peak your interest! Thanks!
5) Troop Dues: - The dues for this Scouting year are $100 per Scout. Dues were due this past Thursday, November 30th. If you have not yet paid your annual dues, please see Mrs. Swindle. Checks should be made payable to: Troop 20.
6) Ski Trip: Our annual ski trip is currently planned for January 19 - 21, 2018. If you are interested in attending, a non-refundable deposit of $20 per scout is due now. We will post additional details in the coming weeks as they become available.
NOTE: To date, we have received deposits from: Wayne, Arthur, Jared, Stephen, and Kevin. If you believe you are going on the trip and your name isn't in this list, you need to see Mrs. Swindle ASAP.
7) Senior Patrol Leaders Notes:
- Movie Night: If you would like to bring a console or electronic device to Movie Night, please see Mark Swindle at this week's Troop Meeting.
- Scribe's: A reminder that all scribe's should have a list of everyone in their patrols, with check boxes next to everyone's name, so that they can take attendance each week.
- Binders: Everyone should bring their Scout Binder this week, to review them with the Troop.
That's all for this week and we hope to see everyone at the Troop Meeting on Thursday. Have a great week!