Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fishing At Pratt Farm

Okay, here's the deal: I will be going fishing at Pratt Farm this Saturday morning.(5/2)
Anyone who wants to join us (friend or family) are welcome. I will be there at 8am rain or shine (obviously, if there are thunderstorms in the area we will have to try to reschedule or cancel) (fish don't care if it rains) I can stay till 10am if need be. I will have some extra fishing rods and gear, as well as some worms, but you are welcome to bring your own gear and bait.
A few things to note:
  • there are no bathrooms there
  • there are ticks there (bug spray)
  • there is a limited amount of actual fishing room, so if we have a lot of people, we will have to rotate and take turns.
  • there is rain in the forecast, so dress accordingly
  • Adults: if you are coming and can stay, please contact me and let me know!
SO, eat first, go the bathroom at home, then join us at Pratt Farm, on Rt 105. I will be at the parking lot at 8, then we will walk to the pond. if you haven't been, just follow the path from the parking lot and take a left at the fork. you will go through some woods, past a field on the right, then the pond is just over a little hill.

If you are doing this for the fishing merit badge, you also need to "acquire and cook" a fish (frozen, fresh, your choice) to finish this requirement (9). We will be following the Scout catch and release rules.

I am putting my email address on the right, but if you need it, my cell phone is 508-496-8654


No comments: