Vacant Positions for Troop 20
For Upcoming 2016 – 2017 Year
We need to fill five positions in the troop that will become vacant at the end of this scouting year. Please review the descriptions below and consider volunteering for one – the troop cannot run without them.
• Works with other responsible adults to bring Scouting to boys.
• Uses the methods of Scouting to achieve the aims of Scouting.
• Can be male or female, but must be at least 21 years of age.
Troop Committee Chair:
• Organize the committee to see that all functions are delegated, coordinated and completed.
• Maintain a close relationship with the chartered organization representative and Scoutmaster.
• See that unit leaders and committee members have training opportunities.
• Interpret national and local policies to the unit.
• Call, preside over, and promote attendance at monthly unit committee meetings
• Ensure unit representation at monthly roundtables.
• Arrange for charter review and recharter annually.
Troop Advancement Chair:
• Encourage Scouts to advance in rank.
• Arranges troop boards of review and courts of honor.
• Make a report to the council service center when a troop board of review is held.
• Secure badges and certificates.
• Report to the troop/team committee each month.
• Keep minutes of meetings and send out committee meeting notices.
• At each meeting, report the minutes of the previous meeting.
• Post information regarding upcoming events and recaps on in a timely manner
• Share photos of troop events (currently on Photobucket).
• Post forms and worksheets that may be needed for the scouts and/or parents
If you would like further information on any of these positions, please feel free to email Mrs. Melchin at email@example.com, or inquire at the next troop meeting on February 25th.